Chamber Membership is Marketing
No matter what kind of business you are in, your success will hinge on how well you market your company’s products and services. You may know everything there is to know about those, but not be an expert in marketing – now you are in trouble. The Chamber is here to help.
A sound marketing plan needs to cover an array of vehicles to get the message out on what makes your company unique. It needs to consistently represent you with images and text in print, on-line and social media outlets. Your branding will benefit from that consistency and link those experiences back to you in an easily recognizable form. Over time, that branding drives sales and helps you stand out from your competition.
The Chamber helps provide accessibility to cost-effective marketing through membership. Many of those marketing opportunities are free.
- New member listings in the Chamber newsletter introduce newcomers to their fellow members and to the community. The newsletter appears in The Palm Beach Post, where it reaches 80,000 households in 22 zip codes. It also reaches the entire membership through an e-mail version of the publication going to primary contacts and their employees, representing thousands of individuals.
- Ribbon-cuttings also appear in the newsletter, with pictures and captions supporting the members business – all free with membership.
- Membership listings also appear in the thousands of directories the Chamber publishes each year.
- The Guide to the Palm Beaches, Education Directory, Real Estate Guide and Health Care Guide all include member listings with contact names, addresses, phone and fax numbers, website and e-mail addresses.
- These powerful marketing tools also feature members twice, once alphabetically and once by business category - all free with membership.
- The Chamber gives its members a strong marketing presence online too, with free alphabetic and categorical listing on its website, www.palmbeaches.org.
- They drive traffic to member’s individual websites through links from the Chamber site, giving members access to the 45,000 unique visitors that visit the site each month. That maximizes the marketing presence of member’s sites, boosting ratings on search engines like Google.
- Social networking tools benefit from Chamber involvement. Articles, videos and speaking opportunities all fuel social media outlets, driving traffic to member’s websites producing sales.
- Brochures, flyers, business cards and catalogs are all welcomed in the Chamber lobby, where members can leave marketing and promotional products to be picked up by the many visitors to the Chamber.
- Committee meetings, networking events and visitor resources all bring people to the Chamber and many leave with arms full of directories and members’ materials – all free with membership.
- The Chamber receives countless phone calls requesting visitor and relocation packages. Many members’ brochures are included in response to specific requests.
- Print, internet and social media all work for members even while they are sleeping! If they never make it to a single networking event, these tools are supporting marketing efforts by covering all the marketing bases – all free with membership.
For more information on the Chamber, how it functions as a marketing tool and the benefits of membership, contact Kirby Davis, Membership Services & Special Events Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or (561) 833-3894.