2019 ATHENA Leadership Awards Nomination Form
Thank you for your interest. Nominations are no longer being accepted for the 2019 ATHENA Awards
ATHENA Leadership Award, ATHENA Young Professional Leadership Award and ATHENA Organizational Leadership Award Nomination and Selection Process
To submit a name for nomination, complete the form below. This is the first step in a two-step process.
Individuals submitted for nomination will be asked to complete a Nominee Application should they wish to be considered for a 2019 ATHENA Leadership Award, ATHENA Young Professional Leadership Award or ATHENA Organizational Leadership Award. Applications will be distributed by July 19, 2019.
An ATHENA Award nominee:
- Is an established leader and mentor who assists women in reaching their full potential;
- Demonstrates excellence, creativity, and initiative in their business or profession;
- Provides valuable service by devoting time and energy to improve the quality of life for others in the community.
Past recipients include:
2018 – Mayor Jeri Muoio, City of West Palm Beach
2017 – Jennifer O’Flannery Anderson, Nova Southeastern University
2016 - Shanon Materio, McMow Art Glass
2015 – Dorothy Jacks, Palm Beach County Property Appraiser
2014 - Shannon R. LaRocque, P.E., Palm Beach County Board of County Commissioners
2013 - Sandra Gove Chamblee, a retired health care advocate
2012 - Pamela M. Rauch, Florida Power & Light
2011 - Dr. Dione Christy, School District of Palm Beach County
2010 - Victoria Chouris, South Florida Fair & Palm Beach County Expositions
- Nominee Applications submitted by the deadline will be reviewed by a Selection Committee made up of community leaders.Committee members will score applications using a point system to measure an individual’s responses against the Award criteria and the ATHENA Leadership Model.
- Finalists for each award will be selected, and will be recognized during the ATHENA Award Luncheon and in various Chamber of Commerce of the Palm Beaches communications. The ATHENA Leadership Award, ATHENA Young Professional Leadership Award and ATHENA Organizational Leadership Award recipients will be chosen from this group of finalists.
ATHENA Nominees must be available on the following dates and times:
Friday, September 20, 2019
11:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.
ATHENA Award Luncheon
Palm Beach County Convention Center