Chamber of Commerce of the Palm Beaches Summer Internship Program
The Chamber of Commerce of the Palm Beaches strives to promote educational opportunities in which students can gain hands on experiences that will allow them to develop their career path and professional potential. We welcome qualified candidates to apply for this rewarding internship experience, and if there are any questions or concerns, feel free to contact Marissa Kosiec at firstname.lastname@example.org or (561) 833-3799.
Application due April 1st, 2019.
- Pursuing a 4-year degree at an accredited university. Preference given to students attending Palm Beach Atlantic University, Florida Atlantic University, Nova Southeastern University, Palm Beach State College, Keiser University, or Lynn University.
- Rising sophomore or higher.
- 3.0 GPA minimum.
- Pursuing a major in Communications, Marketing, Event Management, Business, Public Administration, or other related fields.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, independent, and self-motivated.
- Flexible hours between 10-15 hours per week (Monday-Friday 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.), and own transportation.
Interns will learn and practice:
- Event management, planning, budgeting, logistics, etc.
- Membership recruitment, sales, renewals, follow ups, and support.
- Financial and accounting organization, management, analysis, etc.
- Communications and public relations (weekly e-newsletters, photographs, newspaper publications, etc.).
- Active networking through all chamber events and professional online presence (LinkedIn).
- Writing skills across different mediums (emails, press releases, presentations, etc.).
- Internship credit with student’s institution.
- Networking connections with business professionals and community leaders from across Palm Beach County.
- Educational seminars allowing students to learn more about sales, networking, business strategy, and other business logistics.
- Observing and participating in meetings (office, phone, committee, ambassador, trustee, and board) allowing the student to gain a deeper understanding of the background work that goes into the planning and structure of our organization.
- Attending and experiencing interesting and exciting chamber events (Leadership WPB, awards ceremonies, breakfasts, luncheons, etc.)